IMPORTANT Windows Patching
Earlier this week there was a new vulnerability exploit on Microsoft Windows machines. We are currently making sure that a patch for this exploit is install on your computer so that you are fully protected. In most cases the patch has been installed however, there are some exceptions,and in those cases, we will need to install the patch manually. If your computer needs to have the patch installed manually, we will contact you using email or by Microsoft Teams. In that event, allow us to schedule time at your earliest convenience so that this patch can be installed. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the emergency line at 215-573-8324 and then “press 1”.
University Life Technology Services
IMPORTANT Information on AirPennNet Connection
Your AirPennNet certificate may have expired since being off campus. Instructions for re-connecting to AirPennNet can be found here
Zoom Cloud Recording Management
The PennZoom (which includes VPUL’s Zoom instance) service includes access to Zoom Cloud Recording, which allows PennZoom users the ability to record meetings and store recordings and transcripts in Zoom’s cloud.
Effective February 22, 2021, VPUL will need to replicate the policy that is set for Penn’s instance. Recordings are stored for 120 days, after which they will be deleted. Consider downloading and storing your recordings outside of Zoom’s cloud.
VPUL Zoom Recording Automatic Delete Policy
- Any recordings in Zoom’s cloud will be deleted once it is older than 120 days.
- Deleted recordings will be moved to the trash bin, where they will be held for retrieval for an additional 30 days.
- VPUL Zoom users will be notified via email 7 days before a recording is removed from the trash bin permanently.
- Instructions on recovering a deleted recording from your trash bin can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/216378863-Recover-a-Deleted-Cloud-Recording
- All recordings that need to be maintained for longer than 120 days should be stored outside of Zoom’s cloud.
Download your Zoom Cloud Recordings
- Navigate to vpul-upenn.zoom.us from a web browser. Select the Sign in button to login using your PennKey credentials.
- From the navigation menu on the left-side of window, click Recordings, and then select Cloud Recordings.
- Locate the recording(s) you want to download and select the file(s). Note: If your meeting has not finished converting, the recording will show in the list with a Processing Recording label.
- Click on the recording icon to view the file, or click the Download button to download the file.
- Once completed, you can delete the file by clicking the Trash Bin.
Recommended VPUL Online Collaboration Tools
Below you’ll find information on connecting and collaborating with colleagues and students remotely. In addition to the commonly used Microsoft Office applications, our recommended Penn collaboration tool is Microsoft Teams. However there are different flavors of applications like BlueJeans and Zoom for video conferencing, and Penn+Box for file sharing.
Email and Calendaring
Zoom Host Controls
Click here for more information on the controls available to meeting hosts and co-hosts. This has been edited
Sharing in Zoom
Click here for more information on sharing your screen and other content in Zoom.
Transcribing Zoom Recordings
Click here for more information on how to transcribe Zoom recordings.
Recording a Zoom Meeting
Click here for information on recording Zoom meetings.
Zoom Outlook Plugin
Click here for information on the Zoom Outlook plugin